The Catalyst Loan finances energy and resiliency improvements in affordable and market-rate multifamily properties and nonprofit and municipal buildings. Catalyst provides construction and term financing to upgrade buildings, implement health and safety measures, save money, and comply with local building performance requirements.
With alternatively secured financing, Catalyst can be used with existing mortgages and other financing that has restrictions on adding new debt. Catalyst Loans can also bridge utility rebates and other incentives, including from the federal Inflation Reduction Act.
Loans can be repaid partially and, in some cases fully, from energy and operating cost savings that result from the improvements.
Eligible Building Types
- Affordable and market-rate multifamily properties with five or more units
- Co-ops, condominiums, and rental properties, including mixed-use
- Buildings owned by nonprofits and municipalities, including community centers and houses of worship
Eligible Technologies and Uses
- Energy efficiency (e.g., heat pumps, HVAC and controls, domestic hot water systems, weatherization, building envelope)
- Building electrification and electrification-ready measures (e.g., roof replacement, electrical rewiring)
- Solar PV and other renewable energy systems
- Energy storage solutions
- On-site electric vehicle charging infrastructure
- High Performance / Passive House buildings
- Pre-weatherization requirements (e.g., mold, asbestos, radon remediation)
- Takeout of energy-related pre-development costs (IPC Navigator Loan)
Other technologies and uses will be evaluated on an individual basis.
Rates: Fixed rates of 4.99%-6.99% depending upon housing affordability status and term length
Loan Term: Up to 20 years
Fee: 3% closing fee that includes standard closing and legal costs
Prepayment Penalty: None
More details here:
> Application documentation checklist
To learn more and apply, contact us today.
*All terms, including rates, are subject to change
Products and services may not be available in all areas.
All Loans are subject to credit approval and additional requirements will apply. This is not an offer to enter into a loan agreement. If approved, your terms may vary based upon your specific situation. Rates, fees, and other terms subject to change without notice.